Difference Between Sulfate And Sulfonate In Shampoo
Sulfates and sulfonates have two things in common. First, they're all anionic surfactants. Second, they are often used for personal care applications. But there are many differences. They have different molecular mechanisms. They have different functions. They have different raw materials.
Sulfate is a compound. It has carbon bonds and oxygen and sulfur bonds. They include substances such as sodium lauryl sulfate and sodium lauryl ether sulfate.
At low pH, these substances plus the c-o-s bond hydrolyze to produce alcohol and inorganic sulfate. At a high pH, sulfate is stable in the base and, if ethoxylated to a relatively high level, produces a low-foaming alkali-soluble surfactant. Sulphates can be prepared by reaction of fatty alcohol or fatty alcohol ethoxylates with reagents such as SO3 or chlorosulfonic acid (CSA).
The reason shampoo becomes thick foam in the shower is that it contains sulfate. Most shampoos and household cleansers contain sulfate, but it is not popular for frizzy hair (especially curly hair) to work and damage colored hair.
Sulfonate is a compound that has a carbon-sulfur bond. The sulfonates contain cystos-olefin sulfonates (AOS). The bond is stable in a range that allows greater pH, so it can be used in an acidic environment. The reaction of pso 3 and pso 3 can produce pso - olefin sulfonate.
Related Products Wiki
- January 30, 2018As an annual welfare practice, NCMC 2017’s 5 day company tour from Nanjing to Gansu started in Sept. 1, 2017. The main purpose is to enrich corporate culture, relieve work stress, enchance group sens...view
- January 29, 2019June 5th, 2018On the 47th World Environment Day, June 5 th, a large public service activity, "Green City, Green Development" is held in the square of Nanjing Dujiang Victory War Memorial Hall. The the...view
- January 29, 20192018 Sept.19th-21st @Shanghai New International Expo CentreThe 21th China International Adhesives and Sealants Exhibition & the 13th China International PSA Tape and Label Expo (CHINA ADHESIVE 201...view
- January 31, 2018November 15-17, 2017Xiamen International Convention and Exhibition CenterAPI China is China's leading exhibition for the pharmaceutical manufacturing sector covering the complete spectrum of products ...view
- March 13, 20191.Chemical cleaningAs an organic acid, glycolic acid has a good cleaning function for certain metal scales. Since glycolic acid does not contain chloride ions, it is extremely corrosive to equipment m...view
- January 29, 2019Before the summer heat arrives at Nanjing, 2018 NCMC sports meeting is held on 27th May with the purpose of enriching the amateur life of employees as well as enhancing team cooperation.This sports me...view