Difference Between Sulfate And Sulfonate In Shampoo
Sulfates and sulfonates have two things in common. First, they're all anionic surfactants. Second, they are often used for personal care applications. But there are many differences. They have different molecular mechanisms. They have different functions. They have different raw materials.
Sulfate is a compound. It has carbon bonds and oxygen and sulfur bonds. They include substances such as sodium lauryl sulfate and sodium lauryl ether sulfate.
At low pH, these substances plus the c-o-s bond hydrolyze to produce alcohol and inorganic sulfate. At a high pH, sulfate is stable in the base and, if ethoxylated to a relatively high level, produces a low-foaming alkali-soluble surfactant. Sulphates can be prepared by reaction of fatty alcohol or fatty alcohol ethoxylates with reagents such as SO3 or chlorosulfonic acid (CSA).
The reason shampoo becomes thick foam in the shower is that it contains sulfate. Most shampoos and household cleansers contain sulfate, but it is not popular for frizzy hair (especially curly hair) to work and damage colored hair.
Sulfonate is a compound that has a carbon-sulfur bond. The sulfonates contain cystos-olefin sulfonates (AOS). The bond is stable in a range that allows greater pH, so it can be used in an acidic environment. The reaction of pso 3 and pso 3 can produce pso - olefin sulfonate.
Related Products Wiki
- August 6, 20191.Product IntroductionThe active diluent of epoxy resin is a kind of epoxy compound with small molecular weight containing epoxy group. It has a light color, low viscosity and good compatibility with ...view
- January 31, 2018November 15-17, 2017Xiamen International Convention and Exhibition CenterAPI China is China's leading exhibition for the pharmaceutical manufacturing sector covering the complete spectrum of products ...view
- August 2, 2019254 g of potassium iodide dissolved in 125 ml of water are mixed with 100 g of ammonium sulfate dissolved in 125 ml of boiling water. After cooling, 40 ml of alcohol are added and the mixture is kept ...view
- January 31, 2018In the golden month of October when Osmanthus are in bloom, we set out for the Laoshan National Forest Park, which is renowned as the “Green Lung of Nanjing, Bright Pearl of Northern Yangtze River”....view
- January 29, 20192018 Sept.19th-21st @Shanghai New International Expo CentreThe 21th China International Adhesives and Sealants Exhibition & the 13th China International PSA Tape and Label Expo (CHINA ADHESIVE 201...view
- January 30, 2018POC2017 Palm &Lauric Oils Price Outlook Conference & Exhibition 6-8 March 2017 Kuala LumpurThe renowned Palm and Lauric Oils Price Outlook Conference & Exhibition (POC) is held a...view
Chemical Formula: C9H14O3Si
CAS No.: 2996-92-1
Dangerous Grade: NO
Chemical Formula: CH3I
CAS No.: 74-88-4
Dangerous Grade: 6.1
Chemical Formula: C12H18O7
CAS No.: 142-22-3
Dangerous Grade: None
Chemical Formula: C3H5NaO2
CAS No.: 137-40-6
Dangerous Grade: None