Difference Between Sulfate And Sulfonate In Shampoo
Sulfates and sulfonates have two things in common. First, they're all anionic surfactants. Second, they are often used for personal care applications. But there are many differences. They have different molecular mechanisms. They have different functions. They have different raw materials.
Sulfate is a compound. It has carbon bonds and oxygen and sulfur bonds. They include substances such as sodium lauryl sulfate and sodium lauryl ether sulfate.
At low pH, these substances plus the c-o-s bond hydrolyze to produce alcohol and inorganic sulfate. At a high pH, sulfate is stable in the base and, if ethoxylated to a relatively high level, produces a low-foaming alkali-soluble surfactant. Sulphates can be prepared by reaction of fatty alcohol or fatty alcohol ethoxylates with reagents such as SO3 or chlorosulfonic acid (CSA).
The reason shampoo becomes thick foam in the shower is that it contains sulfate. Most shampoos and household cleansers contain sulfate, but it is not popular for frizzy hair (especially curly hair) to work and damage colored hair.
Sulfonate is a compound that has a carbon-sulfur bond. The sulfonates contain cystos-olefin sulfonates (AOS). The bond is stable in a range that allows greater pH, so it can be used in an acidic environment. The reaction of pso 3 and pso 3 can produce pso - olefin sulfonate.
Related Products Wiki
- January 31, 2018Nov. 15th-17th , 2017 Shanghai· Shanghai New International Expo Centre CHINACOAT2017 closed its gate successfully at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre (SNIEC), P. R. China. Again, the thre...view
- March 13, 2019Basic natureChinese name: β-alanine CAS No.: 107-95-9English name: β-alanineAlias: beta-aminopropionic acid; 3-aminopropionic acid; β-aminopropionic acid; β-alanine; β-primary oil amino acid; β-...view
- January 29, 2019August 20-21, 2018 Kuala Lumpur Convention Center MalaysiaAPIC 2018 (Asia Petrochemical Industry Conference, APIC) is making a return to the vibrant city of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from 20 - 21 August...view
- January 31, 2018November 15-17, 2017Xiamen International Convention and Exhibition CenterAPI China is China's leading exhibition for the pharmaceutical manufacturing sector covering the complete spectrum of products ...view
- January 30, 2018As an annual welfare practice, NCMC 2017’s 5 day company tour from Nanjing to Gansu started in Sept. 1, 2017. The main purpose is to enrich corporate culture, relieve work stress, enchance group sens...view
- March 13, 2019The color of the expandable microspheres is white. Its average particle size is 10-30 μm. Its average density is about 1100 kg / m 3 . It has a thermoplastic shell comprising a low boiling liquid hyd...view
Chemical Formula: C3H7Br
CAS No.: 106-94-5
Dangerous Grade: 3
Chemical Formula: C3H7NO2
CAS No.: 107-95-9
Dangerous Grade: None
Chemical Formula: C3H7I
CAS No.: 107-08-4
Dangerous Grade: III Flammable liquid
Spin coating is the most advanced technology now used in photochromic lens production. First step before spin coating is substrate cleaning & drying. After that, substrate will go to our spin coat...