How To Use DMC Catalyst To Produce Polyether Polyols
The DMC catalyst is double metal cyanide catalyst. Compared with similar polyols made using basic(e.g.,KOH)catalysts, polyether polyols made from the catalyst have low unsaturations, narrow molecular weight distributions, can have high molecular weight ,and are useful in making a variety of polyurethane products. DMC catalyst is highly active in epoxide polymerization reactions used to prepare polyether polyols. We can yield the DMC more than 20000kg within one year, and thus afford to produce 50～70 ten thousand tons of polyols. This catalyst is white or light yellow powder, is suitable for preparation of polyols with 1~6 functions. Compared with basic catalysts, this catalyst can be used with less amount (30ppm),and reaction time of polymerization is reduced largely, and the polyols products are not necessary to be refined. The DMC is suitable for using in common epoxide polymerization reactors,but it can be better if reactors have both of stirring and cycling systems.
When using the DMC production period is short, thus the costs for production are reduced while the property of productsare advanced.
Conditions wanted for initiators
1. polyethers with 1～3 0r more hydroxyl groups
2. molecular weight:for at least 2 hydroxyl groups---350~1000;for monols---with boiling point more than l00℃
3. ∑Mn+ (mainly for K、Naions)≤5ppm
4. water content≤0.1%
5. acid value≤0.15mgKOH/g
1. Weigh certain amount of initiator and the catalyst. The catalyst's amount is generally 30ppm relative to the product (it mainly refers to N220 with 2 hydroxyl groups and N330 with 3 hydroxyl groups).The amount of the catalyst can reduce if the molecular weight of products are relatively high,e.g. for N240, the amount can be 20～25ppm).
2. The mixture is stirred and is stripped under a vacuum with pressure less than l0mm (Hg) ,and is heated to 130~145℃ to remove traces of water from the starter. Generally it needs more than 40min after the temperature rises to 130~145℃.
3. Propylene oxide (PO) or mixture of ethylene oxide (EO) and PO is fed to the reactor, under a pressure of 0.1—0.25Mpa.Additional PO or PO and EO is not added until an accelerated pressure drop occurs in the reactor( temperature can reach above 180℃,but this can not harm the activity of DMC or the properties of products).PO or PO and EO is added while maintaining a reactor pressure generally less than 0.1Mpa,temperature 140±10℃ .
4. After PO or PO and EO addition is complete, the mixture is held at 140±5℃until a constant pressure is observed.Residual unreacted monomer (generally only traces) is then stripped.
Related Products Wiki
- August 2, 2019254 g of potassium iodide dissolved in 125 ml of water are mixed with 100 g of ammonium sulfate dissolved in 125 ml of boiling water. After cooling, 40 ml of alcohol are added and the mixture is kept ...view
- April 29, 2019Expanded microspheres (also known as foamed microspheres) are high molecular polymers. Its outer shell is made of a high molecular polymer (acrylic eye copolymer) which is a hydrocarbon inside. In the...view
- January 31, 2018Date：2017/11/02-11/04Place: Siem Reap, Cambodia Thanks for the invitation from Oleon, this is the third year for NCMC to attend Oleon’s AP& ME distributor meeting. Members from Oleon Belgium base, to...view
- January 30, 2018As an annual welfare practice, NCMC 2017’s 5 day company tour from Nanjing to Gansu started in Sept. 1, 2017. The main purpose is to enrich corporate culture, relieve work stress, enchance group sens...view
- April 29, 2019Preparation of ethyl iodideFirst, the principle:Ethyl iodide is usually reacted with ethanol, iodine and red phosphorus, but the reaction is slow, and it needs to be heated in a reflux device for seve...view
- January 29, 2019June 5th, 2018On the 47th World Environment Day, June 5 th, a large public service activity, "Green City, Green Development" is held in the square of Nanjing Dujiang Victory War Memorial Hall. The the...view