Polyether Polyol Vs Polyester Polyol
Polyester polyols, which are organic substances, are usually formed by condensation (or transesterification) of an organic dicarboxylic acid (anhydride or ester) with a polyol (including a diol) or by polymerization of a lactone with a polyol. The dibasic acid is phthalic acid or phthalic anhydride or an ester thereof, adipic acid, halogenated phthalic acid or the like. The polyhydric alcohol is ethylene glycol, propylene glycol, diethylene glycol, trimethylolpropane, pentaerythritol or the like. Different types of polyester polyols have different properties due to different types or different preparation processes. Several indicators that are important for polyester polyols are hydroxyl number, acid value, moisture, viscosity, molecular weight, density, and color. Characteristics and uses of polyester polyols: Polyester-based polyurethane contains a large number of polar groups such as ester groups and amino groups in the molecule, and has strong cohesive strength and adhesion, and has high strength and wear resistance.
Polyether polyol (referred to as polyether) is composed of an initiator (active hydrogen group-containing compound) and ethylene oxide (EO), propylene oxide (PO), butylene oxide (BO), etc. in the presence of a catalyst. It is obtained by polyaddition reaction. The largest yield of polyether is glycerol (glycerol) as the initiator and epoxide (usually PO and EO). Various general-purpose polyether polyols are produced by changing the feeding mode of PO and EO (mixing plus or separately adding), the ratio of addition, the order of addition, and the like.
Related Products Wiki
- January 31, 2018Nov. 15th-17th , 2017 Shanghai· Shanghai New International Expo Centre CHINACOAT2017 closed its gate successfully at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre (SNIEC), P. R. China. Again, the thre...view
- January 31, 2018Date：2017/11/02-11/04Place: Siem Reap, Cambodia Thanks for the invitation from Oleon, this is the third year for NCMC to attend Oleon’s AP& ME distributor meeting. Members from Oleon Belgium base, to...view
- April 29, 2019Preparation of ethyl iodideFirst, the principle:Ethyl iodide is usually reacted with ethanol, iodine and red phosphorus, but the reaction is slow, and it needs to be heated in a reflux device for seve...view
- March 13, 2019We like to focus on the ingredients of beauty products. But we prefer to touch the product and explore whether it really works. Alpha hydroxy acid is also known as AHA. It includes glycolic acid, lact...view
- January 31, 2018November 15-17, 2017Xiamen International Convention and Exhibition CenterAPI China is China's leading exhibition for the pharmaceutical manufacturing sector covering the complete spectrum of products ...view
- March 13, 20191.Chemical cleaningAs an organic acid, glycolic acid has a good cleaning function for certain metal scales. Since glycolic acid does not contain chloride ions, it is extremely corrosive to equipment m...view