Polyether Polyol Vs Polyester Polyol
Polyester polyols, which are organic substances, are usually formed by condensation (or transesterification) of an organic dicarboxylic acid (anhydride or ester) with a polyol (including a diol) or by polymerization of a lactone with a polyol. The dibasic acid is phthalic acid or phthalic anhydride or an ester thereof, adipic acid, halogenated phthalic acid or the like. The polyhydric alcohol is ethylene glycol, propylene glycol, diethylene glycol, trimethylolpropane, pentaerythritol or the like. Different types of polyester polyols have different properties due to different types or different preparation processes. Several indicators that are important for polyester polyols are hydroxyl number, acid value, moisture, viscosity, molecular weight, density, and color. Characteristics and uses of polyester polyols: Polyester-based polyurethane contains a large number of polar groups such as ester groups and amino groups in the molecule, and has strong cohesive strength and adhesion, and has high strength and wear resistance.
Polyether polyol (referred to as polyether) is composed of an initiator (active hydrogen group-containing compound) and ethylene oxide (EO), propylene oxide (PO), butylene oxide (BO), etc. in the presence of a catalyst. It is obtained by polyaddition reaction. The largest yield of polyether is glycerol (glycerol) as the initiator and epoxide (usually PO and EO). Various general-purpose polyether polyols are produced by changing the feeding mode of PO and EO (mixing plus or separately adding), the ratio of addition, the order of addition, and the like.
Related Products Wiki
- March 13, 2019We like to focus on the ingredients of beauty products. But we prefer to touch the product and explore whether it really works. Alpha hydroxy acid is also known as AHA. It includes glycolic acid, lact...view
- January 31, 2018November 15-17, 2017Xiamen International Convention and Exhibition CenterAPI China is China's leading exhibition for the pharmaceutical manufacturing sector covering the complete spectrum of products ...view
- April 29, 2019Preparation of ethyl iodideFirst, the principle:Ethyl iodide is usually reacted with ethanol, iodine and red phosphorus, but the reaction is slow, and it needs to be heated in a reflux device for seve...view
- January 29, 2019August 20-21, 2018 Kuala Lumpur Convention Center MalaysiaAPIC 2018 (Asia Petrochemical Industry Conference, APIC) is making a return to the vibrant city of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from 20 - 21 August...view
- August 6, 20191.Product IntroductionThe active diluent of epoxy resin is a kind of epoxy compound with small molecular weight containing epoxy group. It has a light color, low viscosity and good compatibility with ...view
- January 30, 2018POC2017 Palm &Lauric Oils Price Outlook Conference & Exhibition 6-8 March 2017 Kuala LumpurThe renowned Palm and Lauric Oils Price Outlook Conference & Exhibition (POC) is held a...view