Potassium Iodide Benefits
Most casualties in a nuclear accident or explosion are caused by radioactive iodine poisoning of the thyroid gland. Children are the most at risk. Potassium iodide is a thyroid blocker that deals with radiation emergencies. Taking potassium iodide before exposure reduces the threat by 95 percent.
A large number of reports indicate that the use of stable iodine immediately before or after the intake of radioactive iodine can prevent radioactive iodine from entering the thyroid or reduce the accumulation of radioactive iodine in the thyroid. Timely use of potassium iodide can help prevent thyroid cancer and other diseases. Otherwise, exposure to radioactive iodine, which leaks out of a nuclear accident and spreads through the air, could cause the disease.
By using iodide, nearly all (>90%) of the radioactive iodine likely to be ingested by the thyroid gland can be blocked, according to the report. In 1978, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) found that the use of potassium iodide was "safe and effective" in radiological emergencies and approved its sale as an over-the-counter (OTC) drug.
Related Products Wiki
- January 29, 20192018 Sept.19th-21st @Shanghai New International Expo CentreThe 21th China International Adhesives and Sealants Exhibition & the 13th China International PSA Tape and Label Expo (CHINA ADHESIVE 201...view
- March 13, 2019Basic natureChinese name: β-alanine CAS No.: 107-95-9English name: β-alanineAlias: beta-aminopropionic acid; 3-aminopropionic acid; β-aminopropionic acid; β-alanine; β-primary oil amino acid; β-...view
- March 13, 20191.Chemical cleaningAs an organic acid, glycolic acid has a good cleaning function for certain metal scales. Since glycolic acid does not contain chloride ions, it is extremely corrosive to equipment m...view
- March 13, 20191.Vitamin B5Vitamin B5 is the largest application of domestic beta-alanine. Vitamin B5 is a component of Coenzyme A and is involved in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins. VB5 is an imp...view
- January 31, 2018November 15-17, 2017Xiamen International Convention and Exhibition CenterAPI China is China's leading exhibition for the pharmaceutical manufacturing sector covering the complete spectrum of products ...view
- March 13, 2019The color of the expandable microspheres is white. Its average particle size is 10-30 μm. Its average density is about 1100 kg / m 3 . It has a thermoplastic shell comprising a low boiling liquid hyd...view
Chemical Formula: C3H7NO2
CAS No.: 107-95-9
Dangerous Grade: None
Chemical Formula: N/A
CAS No.: N/A
Dangerous Grade: NO
Spin coating is the most advanced technology now used in photochromic lens production. First step before spin coating is substrate cleaning & drying. After that, substrate will go to our spin coat...
Chemical Formula: C4H9I
CAS No.: 542-69-8
Dangerous Grade: 3