Potassium Iodide Benefits
Most casualties in a nuclear accident or explosion are caused by radioactive iodine poisoning of the thyroid gland. Children are the most at risk. Potassium iodide is a thyroid blocker that deals with radiation emergencies. Taking potassium iodide before exposure reduces the threat by 95 percent.
A large number of reports indicate that the use of stable iodine immediately before or after the intake of radioactive iodine can prevent radioactive iodine from entering the thyroid or reduce the accumulation of radioactive iodine in the thyroid. Timely use of potassium iodide can help prevent thyroid cancer and other diseases. Otherwise, exposure to radioactive iodine, which leaks out of a nuclear accident and spreads through the air, could cause the disease.
By using iodide, nearly all (>90%) of the radioactive iodine likely to be ingested by the thyroid gland can be blocked, according to the report. In 1978, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) found that the use of potassium iodide was "safe and effective" in radiological emergencies and approved its sale as an over-the-counter (OTC) drug.
Related Products Wiki
- January 29, 2019August 20-21, 2018 Kuala Lumpur Convention Center MalaysiaAPIC 2018 (Asia Petrochemical Industry Conference, APIC) is making a return to the vibrant city of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from 20 - 21 August...view
- January 30, 2018POC2017 Palm &Lauric Oils Price Outlook Conference & Exhibition 6-8 March 2017 Kuala LumpurThe renowned Palm and Lauric Oils Price Outlook Conference & Exhibition (POC) is held a...view
- January 29, 2019June 5th, 2018On the 47th World Environment Day, June 5 th, a large public service activity, "Green City, Green Development" is held in the square of Nanjing Dujiang Victory War Memorial Hall. The the...view
- March 13, 2019We like to focus on the ingredients of beauty products. But we prefer to touch the product and explore whether it really works. Alpha hydroxy acid is also known as AHA. It includes glycolic acid, lact...view
- August 2, 2019254 g of potassium iodide dissolved in 125 ml of water are mixed with 100 g of ammonium sulfate dissolved in 125 ml of boiling water. After cooling, 40 ml of alcohol are added and the mixture is kept ...view
- January 29, 2019Before the summer heat arrives at Nanjing, 2018 NCMC sports meeting is held on 27th May with the purpose of enriching the amateur life of employees as well as enhancing team cooperation.This sports me...view
Chemical Formula: C2H5I
CAS No.: 75-03-6
Dangerous Grade: 6.1
Chemical Formula: C3H5NaO2
CAS No.: 137-40-6
Dangerous Grade: None
Chemical Formula: C5H12O3Si
CAS No.: 2768-02-7
Dangerous Grade: III Flammable Liquid
Chemical Formula: C9H14O3Si
CAS No.: 2996-92-1
Dangerous Grade: NO