Difference Between Ionic And Nonionic Surfactants
The nonionic surfactant that does not produce ions in aqueous solution. Its dissolution in water is due to its functional group that has a strong affinity for water.
Compared with the anion type, nonionic surfactants have higher emulsification ability and have a certain resistance to hard water. It is an indispensable component in the formulation of cleanser and emulsifier. Of course, compared with anionic surfactants, nonionic surfactants also have some defects, such as turbid point restrictions, alkali resistance, and higher prices.
Most of the nonionic surfactants are liquid and slurry, and their solubility in water decreases with increasing temperature. Nonionic surfactants have a variety of properties such as washing, dispersing, emulsifying, wetting, adding solution, uniform dyeing, corrosion prevention, and protecting colloids. Widely used in textiles, papermaking, food, plastics, leather, fur, glass, petroleum, chemical fiber, medicine, pesticides, coatings, dyes, fertilizers, film, photography, metal processing, mineral processing, building materials, environmental protection, cosmetics, fire fighting, agriculture and other various aspects.
Ionic surfactants are given different names on different occasions, such as dispersants, humidifiers, soaps and etc.
Where surfactants are soluble in water, ionized ions are called Ionic surfactants.
It is a large class of emulsifiers which can be subdivided into anionic type(the hydrophilic group in the emulsifier molecule is an anion, such as fatty acid soap, etc.) and a cationic type(the hydrophilic group in the emulsifier molecule is a cation, such as quaternary ammonium salts, etc.) and amphoteric surfactants(molecules that have both positive and negative charges on the surfactant, with the medium of the PH can become positive or anion type, including lecithin, amino acid type and betaine type).
Related Products Wiki
- January 31, 2018In the golden month of October when Osmanthus are in bloom, we set out for the Laoshan National Forest Park, which is renowned as the “Green Lung of Nanjing, Bright Pearl of Northern Yangtze River”....view
- April 29, 2019Preparation of ethyl iodideFirst, the principle:Ethyl iodide is usually reacted with ethanol, iodine and red phosphorus, but the reaction is slow, and it needs to be heated in a reflux device for seve...view
- January 30, 2018September 21-23, 2017 Beijing·China International Exhibition CenterAs the most professional, authoritative and largest international exhibition in China lubricant industry, China International Lubr...view
- January 31, 2018November 15-17, 2017Xiamen International Convention and Exhibition CenterAPI China is China's leading exhibition for the pharmaceutical manufacturing sector covering the complete spectrum of products ...view
- January 29, 20192018 Sept.19th-21st @Shanghai New International Expo CentreThe 21th China International Adhesives and Sealants Exhibition & the 13th China International PSA Tape and Label Expo (CHINA ADHESIVE 201...view
- March 13, 2019We like to focus on the ingredients of beauty products. But we prefer to touch the product and explore whether it really works. Alpha hydroxy acid is also known as AHA. It includes glycolic acid, lact...view