Difference Between Ionic And Nonionic Surfactants
The nonionic surfactant that does not produce ions in aqueous solution. Its dissolution in water is due to its functional group that has a strong affinity for water.
Compared with the anion type, nonionic surfactants have higher emulsification ability and have a certain resistance to hard water. It is an indispensable component in the formulation of cleanser and emulsifier. Of course, compared with anionic surfactants, nonionic surfactants also have some defects, such as turbid point restrictions, alkali resistance, and higher prices.
Most of the nonionic surfactants are liquid and slurry, and their solubility in water decreases with increasing temperature. Nonionic surfactants have a variety of properties such as washing, dispersing, emulsifying, wetting, adding solution, uniform dyeing, corrosion prevention, and protecting colloids. Widely used in textiles, papermaking, food, plastics, leather, fur, glass, petroleum, chemical fiber, medicine, pesticides, coatings, dyes, fertilizers, film, photography, metal processing, mineral processing, building materials, environmental protection, cosmetics, fire fighting, agriculture and other various aspects.
Ionic surfactants are given different names on different occasions, such as dispersants, humidifiers, soaps and etc.
Where surfactants are soluble in water, ionized ions are called Ionic surfactants.
It is a large class of emulsifiers which can be subdivided into anionic type(the hydrophilic group in the emulsifier molecule is an anion, such as fatty acid soap, etc.) and a cationic type(the hydrophilic group in the emulsifier molecule is a cation, such as quaternary ammonium salts, etc.) and amphoteric surfactants(molecules that have both positive and negative charges on the surfactant, with the medium of the PH can become positive or anion type, including lecithin, amino acid type and betaine type).
Related Products Wiki
- January 30, 2018POC2017 Palm &Lauric Oils Price Outlook Conference & Exhibition 6-8 March 2017 Kuala LumpurThe renowned Palm and Lauric Oils Price Outlook Conference & Exhibition (POC) is held a...view
- January 31, 2018Nov. 15th-17th , 2017 Shanghai· Shanghai New International Expo Centre CHINACOAT2017 closed its gate successfully at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre (SNIEC), P. R. China. Again, the thre...view
- January 29, 2019Before the summer heat arrives at Nanjing, 2018 NCMC sports meeting is held on 27th May with the purpose of enriching the amateur life of employees as well as enhancing team cooperation.This sports me...view
- August 6, 20191.Product IntroductionThe active diluent of epoxy resin is a kind of epoxy compound with small molecular weight containing epoxy group. It has a light color, low viscosity and good compatibility with ...view
- August 2, 2019254 g of potassium iodide dissolved in 125 ml of water are mixed with 100 g of ammonium sulfate dissolved in 125 ml of boiling water. After cooling, 40 ml of alcohol are added and the mixture is kept ...view
- January 29, 2019June 5th, 2018On the 47th World Environment Day, June 5 th, a large public service activity, "Green City, Green Development" is held in the square of Nanjing Dujiang Victory War Memorial Hall. The the...view