What Is The Chemical Action Of Surfactants In Shampoo
Surfactants provide a good cleaning power and rich foam for shampoo, so that shampoo has an excellent cleaning effect. The surfactants used for shampoo are anions, non-ions, and amphoteric ions. Some cationic surfactants can also be used as raw materials for washing, but the decontamination foam is still dominated by anions. Using their osmotic, emulsifying and dispersing effects, dirt is removed from hair and scalp.
Fat alcohol sulfate(AS) and fat alcohol polyoxyvinyl ether sulfate(AES): mostly sodium salt and amine salt, this type of surfactant washing power is excellent, stable to hard water, foaming force meets the foam requirements of shampoo, It is the most commonly used ingredient in shampoo formulations.
AS has good foaming and decontamination power and good water solubility. Its aqueous solution is neutral and has resistance to hard water, but its solubility in water is not high enough and it is slightly irritating to the skin and eyes.
AES greatly improves its water solubility due to the addition of ethylene oxide. Even sodium salts have better solubility and hard water resistance, and the irritation to the skin is also reduced. Will reduce the bubbling force and washing ability. The number of ethylene oxide increased, the water solubility increased, and the consistency increased, but the turbidity decreased. The addition number of ethylene oxide is the most suitable for bubbling and washing power of 2-4 MOL. In shampoo, it is usually used in combination with AES with better hydrophilicity and lower irritation, changing the length of the alkyl chain and polyethylene chain, moderately adjusting the bubbling, irritating and hydrophilic. In shampoos using AES, inorganic salts are generally used for thickening. Although AES bubbles rapidly, the foam is not stable enough. Therefore, it is also necessary to add stabilizer combinations, such as using alkyl alkyl amide to improve performance. The most commonly used AES is Laurel alcohol polyoxyvinyl ether(3EO) or(2EO) sodium sulfate, and fatty alcohol polyoxyvinyl ether triethanolamine sulfate.
Alpha-enyl sulfonate(AOS): Good decontamination and foaming properties in hard water, good biodegradation, low irritation to the skin, stable at low pH, and good compatibility with other surfactants.
Related Products Wiki
- January 31, 2018Nov. 15th-17th , 2017 Shanghai· Shanghai New International Expo Centre CHINACOAT2017 closed its gate successfully at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre (SNIEC), P. R. China. Again, the thre...view
- January 31, 2018Date：2017/11/02-11/04Place: Siem Reap, Cambodia Thanks for the invitation from Oleon, this is the third year for NCMC to attend Oleon’s AP& ME distributor meeting. Members from Oleon Belgium base, to...view
- January 29, 2019June 20th-21th@ Cologne, GermanyAs one of the largest fine and speciality chemical exhibition in the world, Chemspec 2018 was staged during June 20th-21st 2018 at Cologne, Germany. This year's exhibit...view
- January 31, 2018November 15-17, 2017Xiamen International Convention and Exhibition CenterAPI China is China's leading exhibition for the pharmaceutical manufacturing sector covering the complete spectrum of products ...view
- January 29, 20192018 Sept.19th-21st @Shanghai New International Expo CentreThe 21th China International Adhesives and Sealants Exhibition & the 13th China International PSA Tape and Label Expo (CHINA ADHESIVE 201...view
- March 13, 2019We like to focus on the ingredients of beauty products. But we prefer to touch the product and explore whether it really works. Alpha hydroxy acid is also known as AHA. It includes glycolic acid, lact...view
Stearyl Tri-methyl Ammonium Chloride
Chemical Formula: C21H46ClN
CAS No.: 112-03-8
Dangerous Grade: Non-dangerous
Spin coating is the most advanced technology now used in photochromic lens production. First step before spin coating is substrate cleaning & drying. After that, substrate will go to our spin coat...
Alkyl (C12-14) Glycidyl Ether
Chemical Formula: C12-14OCH2(CHCH2)O
CAS No.: 68609-97-2
Dangerous Grade: 3
Chemical Formula: C5H9NO3
CAS No.: 51-35-4
Dangerous Grade: None