What Is The Chemical Action Of Surfactants In Shampoo
Surfactants provide a good cleaning power and rich foam for shampoo, so that shampoo has an excellent cleaning effect. The surfactants used for shampoo are anions, non-ions, and amphoteric ions. Some cationic surfactants can also be used as raw materials for washing, but the decontamination foam is still dominated by anions. Using their osmotic, emulsifying and dispersing effects, dirt is removed from hair and scalp.
Fat alcohol sulfate(AS) and fat alcohol polyoxyvinyl ether sulfate(AES): mostly sodium salt and amine salt, this type of surfactant washing power is excellent, stable to hard water, foaming force meets the foam requirements of shampoo, It is the most commonly used ingredient in shampoo formulations.
AS has good foaming and decontamination power and good water solubility. Its aqueous solution is neutral and has resistance to hard water, but its solubility in water is not high enough and it is slightly irritating to the skin and eyes.
AES greatly improves its water solubility due to the addition of ethylene oxide. Even sodium salts have better solubility and hard water resistance, and the irritation to the skin is also reduced. Will reduce the bubbling force and washing ability. The number of ethylene oxide increased, the water solubility increased, and the consistency increased, but the turbidity decreased. The addition number of ethylene oxide is the most suitable for bubbling and washing power of 2-4 MOL. In shampoo, it is usually used in combination with AES with better hydrophilicity and lower irritation, changing the length of the alkyl chain and polyethylene chain, moderately adjusting the bubbling, irritating and hydrophilic. In shampoos using AES, inorganic salts are generally used for thickening. Although AES bubbles rapidly, the foam is not stable enough. Therefore, it is also necessary to add stabilizer combinations, such as using alkyl alkyl amide to improve performance. The most commonly used AES is Laurel alcohol polyoxyvinyl ether(3EO) or(2EO) sodium sulfate, and fatty alcohol polyoxyvinyl ether triethanolamine sulfate.
Alpha-enyl sulfonate(AOS): Good decontamination and foaming properties in hard water, good biodegradation, low irritation to the skin, stable at low pH, and good compatibility with other surfactants.
Related Products Wiki
- January 29, 2019June 5th, 2018On the 47th World Environment Day, June 5 th, a large public service activity, "Green City, Green Development" is held in the square of Nanjing Dujiang Victory War Memorial Hall. The the...view
- April 29, 2019CAS: 53956-04-0English name: Monoammonium GlycyrrhizinateThe nature and use of glycyrrhizic acidLicorice is the root of leguminous plants, mainly produced in Mongolia, Shanxi, Gansu, Ningxia and Xinji...view
- January 30, 2018September 21-23, 2017 Beijing·China International Exhibition CenterAs the most professional, authoritative and largest international exhibition in China lubricant industry, China International Lubr...view
- January 30, 2018As an annual welfare practice, NCMC 2017’s 5 day company tour from Nanjing to Gansu started in Sept. 1, 2017. The main purpose is to enrich corporate culture, relieve work stress, enchance group sens...view
- January 29, 2019Before the summer heat arrives at Nanjing, 2018 NCMC sports meeting is held on 27th May with the purpose of enriching the amateur life of employees as well as enhancing team cooperation.This sports me...view
- March 13, 2019We like to focus on the ingredients of beauty products. But we prefer to touch the product and explore whether it really works. Alpha hydroxy acid is also known as AHA. It includes glycolic acid, lact...view