Sodium Lauryl Sulfate In Cosmetics
Sodium dodecyl sulfate (SLS)is a surfactant. The alias is sodium lauryl sulfate
SLS is commonly used in cleaning products, creams and lotions. It has active ingredients. It is a surfactant, capable of emulsifying or dissolving oil, and capable of foaming SLS are added to cleaning products and bubble baths.
An email on the Internet purports to show that sodium dodecyl sulfate (SLS), an ingredient used primarily to"flush"certain cosmetics, is at risk of cancer. This is a typical Internet rumor. It has no evidence to prove its views and cannot be responsible for the accuracy and authenticity of its views
The ingredients of SLS were reviewed by an agency in 1983 and reviewed by the cosmetics ingredient review (CLR) expert panel in 2002 to provide a full report on the ingredients. They demonstrated that SLS could be used safely in cosmetics and personal care products. Because some people are sensitive muscles, SLS can cause skin irritation, so look at the cosmetic instructions when using cosmetics. The world health organization or the international agency for research on cancer, as well as the U.S environmental protection agency and the European Union, have classified and registered known carcinogens, none of which classify SLS as carcinogenic. Because there is no direct or indirect evidence shows that the ingredient has any carcinogenic potential. Studies have shown that proper use of SLS is safe.
Related Products Wiki
- January 29, 2019June 20th-21th@ Cologne, GermanyAs one of the largest fine and speciality chemical exhibition in the world, Chemspec 2018 was staged during June 20th-21st 2018 at Cologne, Germany. This year's exhibit...view
- August 2, 2019254 g of potassium iodide dissolved in 125 ml of water are mixed with 100 g of ammonium sulfate dissolved in 125 ml of boiling water. After cooling, 40 ml of alcohol are added and the mixture is kept ...view
- January 31, 2018November 15-17, 2017Xiamen International Convention and Exhibition CenterAPI China is China's leading exhibition for the pharmaceutical manufacturing sector covering the complete spectrum of products ...view
- March 13, 2019We like to focus on the ingredients of beauty products. But we prefer to touch the product and explore whether it really works. Alpha hydroxy acid is also known as AHA. It includes glycolic acid, lact...view
- January 31, 2018In the golden month of October when Osmanthus are in bloom, we set out for the Laoshan National Forest Park, which is renowned as the “Green Lung of Nanjing, Bright Pearl of Northern Yangtze River”....view
- January 29, 2019August 20-21, 2018 Kuala Lumpur Convention Center MalaysiaAPIC 2018 (Asia Petrochemical Industry Conference, APIC) is making a return to the vibrant city of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from 20 - 21 August...view