How Is Ethyl Bromide Prepared From Ethyl Alcohol 2
1. Preparation of ethyl bromide from ethyl alcohol and hydrobromic acid
Start with a 1-liter double neck round bottom flask with a drop funnel and wide bend. The bend is connected to a long and efficient condenser assembly and receiver for downward distillation. First, place 281ml (or 415 g) 48% hydrobromic acid in a flask, then add 65ml (or 120 g) of concentrated sulfuric acid in batches, while shaking. As it cools, a small quantity of 145ml (or 100 g) 95% ethanol is slowly added to the mixture of sulfuric acid and hydrobromic acid. Then 109ml (or 200g) of concentrated sulfuric acid is slowly added to the drop funnel, and the ethyl bromine obtained by slow distillation is collected in the cold receiver flask. The crude ethyl bromine was washed with equal volume of concentrated hydrochloric acid, then washed with water and a small amount of 5% sodium bicarbonate solution, then washed with water, and finally dried the ethyl bromine with anhydrous calcium chloride. The crude ethyl bromide is purified by distillation and 205 grams of pure ethyl bromine is obtained.
2. Preparation of ethyl bromide from ethyl alcohol and potassium bromide
Add 50g of concentrated sulfuric acid to 25g of ethanol and let it cool under continuous stirring. Pour in 60g of powdered potassium bromide and let the mixture rest overnight. The next day, the ethyl bromine is distilled and washed, washed with dilute sodium carbonate solution and water. Finally, the obtained bromoethane was dried and re-steamed with calcium chloride.
3. Preparation of ethyl bromide from ethyl alcohol and bromine
Place 60g of ethanol and 10g of red phosphorus in a round bottom flask cooled with cold water. Then 60g of bromine was slowly added to the droplet funnel while the mixture was stirred and cooled. When all the bromine is added, stir the mixture for another hour. The ethyl bromide is then distilled and washed with dilute sodium carbonate solution and distilled water. Finally, using calcium chloride ethyl bromide and distillation, got in 38 ℃ boiling colorless heavy liquid.
Related Products Wiki
- January 31, 2018Date：2017/11/02-11/04Place: Siem Reap, Cambodia Thanks for the invitation from Oleon, this is the third year for NCMC to attend Oleon’s AP& ME distributor meeting. Members from Oleon Belgium base, to...view
- January 30, 2018POC2017 Palm &Lauric Oils Price Outlook Conference & Exhibition 6-8 March 2017 Kuala LumpurThe renowned Palm and Lauric Oils Price Outlook Conference & Exhibition (POC) is held a...view
- March 13, 2019We like to focus on the ingredients of beauty products. But we prefer to touch the product and explore whether it really works. Alpha hydroxy acid is also known as AHA. It includes glycolic acid, lact...view
- January 29, 20192018 Sept.19th-21st @Shanghai New International Expo CentreThe 21th China International Adhesives and Sealants Exhibition & the 13th China International PSA Tape and Label Expo (CHINA ADHESIVE 201...view
- August 2, 2019254 g of potassium iodide dissolved in 125 ml of water are mixed with 100 g of ammonium sulfate dissolved in 125 ml of boiling water. After cooling, 40 ml of alcohol are added and the mixture is kept ...view
- January 31, 2018Nov. 15th-17th , 2017 Shanghai· Shanghai New International Expo Centre CHINACOAT2017 closed its gate successfully at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre (SNIEC), P. R. China. Again, the thre...view