1. Vitamin B5
Vitamin B5 is the largest application of domestic beta-alanine. Vitamin B5 is a component of Coenzyme A and is involved in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins. VB5 is an important B vitamin product, including D-pantothenate and D-panthenol, which are mainly used in feed additives (64%), pharmaceutical raw materials and cosmetics (24%) and food additives (11%).
2. Synthetic carnosine
Synthetic carnosine is formed by β-alanine and L-histidine catalyzed by carnosine synthetase. Synthetic carnosine has anti-oxidation, promotes wound healing, transaminase inhibition, increases renal blood flow, and reduces immune response. Carnosine is widely used in pharmaceutical adjuvants, cosmetics, foods, beverages, feed additives, health care products and other fields. There are two ways to obtain carnosine, one is directly extracted from the muscle of the animal, but the cost is higher, and the other is directly synthesized by β-aminopropionic acid and histidine. Carnosine also delays the occurrence of exercise fatigue and reduces oxidative stress by eliminating free radicals, chelation of transition metals, and the like. It is therefore widely used in multi-component exercise supplements.
Carnosine is a dipeptide in skeletal muscle that has many important functions, including:
1) The main pH buffer in muscle tissue
3) Adjust muscle contraction
4) Prevent muscle oxidation and saccharification
3. Synthesis of sodium pamidium phosphate, known as Aredia, Bonin. Pamidronate is an important bone resorption inhibitor, an anti-osteolysis drug. It is used to treat high blood calcium in tumors and bone metastases in malignant tumors.
4. Balsalazide, namely salicylic acid azobenzoyl-β-aminopropionic acid. Its disodium salt, called balsalazide, is a new type of non-specific anti-inflammatory drug. It is used to treat ulcerative colitis, proctitis and the like.
is industrially useful as an anticorrosive for plating corrosion inhibitors and lead poisoning.
6. Cosmetic. Recent studies have shown that β-alanine is the main component of natural moisturizing factors.