The Properties of Bronopol
With its English name, Bronopol, it is also known as bromo-2-nitro-1. It is a white to light yellow and yellowish brown crystalline powder, and it is odorless, tasteless, soluble in water, ethanol, propylene glycol, insoluble in chloroform, acetone, benzene and so on. It will decompose slowly in alkaline aqueous solution and corrode some metals, such as aluminum. Bronopol is toxic, which is irritating to eyes, skin and mucous membrane. It can cause congenital abnormality and is harmful to environment.
Bronopol is mainly used as antiseptic and bactericide. It is added in the process of shampoo, balsam and cream. Its concentration in cosmetics is 0.01%-0.02%, and it can also be used in detergent, fabric treatment agent and so on.
As a cosmetic preservative, bronopol is an ideal preservative. It has a wide antibacterial spectrum, good antibacterial and bactericidal effects on Gram-positive, negative bacteria, fungi and actinomycetes, it also has low inhibitory concentration and fast bactericidal effect, especially on pseudomonas aeruginosa. It is water-soluble and oil-soluble, the antibacterial activity is high in weak alkaline (pH = 7~9) and the formula of high concentration protein substance.
As a bactericide, bronopol can effectively control many plant pathogenic bacteria. The treatment of cotton seed can prevent and control the black arm disease and bacterial blight caused by cotton angular spot, and it has no harm to cotton. It can also be used for rice bakanae. The recommended concentration is 800-1000mg/L. It is also used in industrial circulating water, paper pulp, coating, plastic, cosmetics, wood, cooling water circulating system as well as sterilization, mildew prevention, anti-corrosion, algaecide and other industrial uses.
Bronopol is packed in plastic drums, avoiding metal containers. Bronopol is stored in a cool, dry and ventilated place. It is strictly prohibited to mix with strong oxidant, strong alkali, strong acid and food for loading, storage and transportation.
- April 21, 2021N-octyltriethoxysilane is a kind of medium-chain alkyl silane with a monomolecular structure. It is a kind of colorless and transparent liquid that can be soluble in ordinary non-polar organic solvent...view
- July 20, 20212-acetyl thiazole is an oily liquid with aromas like popcorn, tortillas, tortillas, and bread. The melting point is 65°C, the boiling point is 95-105°C (2000Pa), and the flash point is 78°C. The re...view
- April 21, 2020Polyether polyol is abbreviated as polyether. It is an oligomer whose main chain contains ether bond (—R—O—R—) and the terminal group or side group contains more than 2 hydroxyl groups (—OH). It ...view
- May 10, 2022April is the month that could exactly represent spring season with everything fresh and prosperous. Recently NCMC organize a tea party that fulfill our dream of "Poem and the Distance".NCMC is the com...view
- March 4, 2021With the growth of the global population and the consumption of non-renewable resources, more attention and rapid development will be paid to the production of surfactants with excellent performance a...view
- September 24, 2020Allyl Diglycol Carbonate was synthesized from diethylene glycol, sodium carbonate, allyl chloride and carbon dioxide. The effects of catalyst, solvent, reaction temperature, raw material ratio, reacti...view