The Properties of Bronopol
With its English name, Bronopol, it is also known as bromo-2-nitro-1. It is a white to light yellow and yellowish brown crystalline powder, and it is odorless, tasteless, soluble in water, ethanol, propylene glycol, insoluble in chloroform, acetone, benzene and so on. It will decompose slowly in alkaline aqueous solution and corrode some metals, such as aluminum. Bronopol is toxic, which is irritating to eyes, skin and mucous membrane. It can cause congenital abnormality and is harmful to environment.
Bronopol is mainly used as antiseptic and bactericide. It is added in the process of shampoo, balsam and cream. Its concentration in cosmetics is 0.01%-0.02%, and it can also be used in detergent, fabric treatment agent and so on.
As a cosmetic preservative, bronopol is an ideal preservative. It has a wide antibacterial spectrum, good antibacterial and bactericidal effects on Gram-positive, negative bacteria, fungi and actinomycetes, it also has low inhibitory concentration and fast bactericidal effect, especially on pseudomonas aeruginosa. It is water-soluble and oil-soluble, the antibacterial activity is high in weak alkaline (pH = 7~9) and the formula of high concentration protein substance.
As a bactericide, bronopol can effectively control many plant pathogenic bacteria. The treatment of cotton seed can prevent and control the black arm disease and bacterial blight caused by cotton angular spot, and it has no harm to cotton. It can also be used for rice bakanae. The recommended concentration is 800-1000mg/L. It is also used in industrial circulating water, paper pulp, coating, plastic, cosmetics, wood, cooling water circulating system as well as sterilization, mildew prevention, anti-corrosion, algaecide and other industrial uses.
Bronopol is packed in plastic drums, avoiding metal containers. Bronopol is stored in a cool, dry and ventilated place. It is strictly prohibited to mix with strong oxidant, strong alkali, strong acid and food for loading, storage and transportation.
- April 21, 2020DMC catalyst is a new type of high-performance catalytic olefin oxide ring-opening polymerization catalyst, suitable for synthesis of olefin oxide polyether containing 1-6 functional groups. DMC catal...view
- April 21, 2020Monoammonium glycyrrhizinate in China is a chemical substance. This product is mainly used for the treatment of chronic persistent hepatitis, chronic active hepatitis, liver poisoning, and early liver...view
- April 29, 2019Licorice is the root of leguminous plants, mainly produced in Mongolia, Shanxi, Gansu, Ningxia and Xinjiang.view
- January 30, 2018September 21-23, 2017 Beijing·China International Exhibition CenterAs the most professional, authoritative and largest international exhibition in China lubricant industry, China International Lubr...view
- August 6, 2019The active diluent of epoxy resin is a kind of epoxy compound with small molecular weight containing epoxy group.view
- January 29, 2019June 20th-21th@ Cologne, GermanyAs one of the largest fine and speciality chemical exhibition in the world, Chemspec 2018 was staged during June 20th-21st 2018 at Cologne, Germany. This year's exhibit...view