The Properties of Bronopol
With its English name, Bronopol, it is also known as bromo-2-nitro-1. It is a white to light yellow and yellowish brown crystalline powder, and it is odorless, tasteless, soluble in water, ethanol, propylene glycol, insoluble in chloroform, acetone, benzene and so on. It will decompose slowly in alkaline aqueous solution and corrode some metals, such as aluminum. Bronopol is toxic, which is irritating to eyes, skin and mucous membrane. It can cause congenital abnormality and is harmful to environment.
Bronopol is mainly used as antiseptic and bactericide. It is added in the process of shampoo, balsam and cream. Its concentration in cosmetics is 0.01%-0.02%, and it can also be used in detergent, fabric treatment agent and so on.
As a cosmetic preservative, bronopol is an ideal preservative. It has a wide antibacterial spectrum, good antibacterial and bactericidal effects on Gram-positive, negative bacteria, fungi and actinomycetes, it also has low inhibitory concentration and fast bactericidal effect, especially on pseudomonas aeruginosa. It is water-soluble and oil-soluble, the antibacterial activity is high in weak alkaline (pH = 7~9) and the formula of high concentration protein substance.
As a bactericide, bronopol can effectively control many plant pathogenic bacteria. The treatment of cotton seed can prevent and control the black arm disease and bacterial blight caused by cotton angular spot, and it has no harm to cotton. It can also be used for rice bakanae. The recommended concentration is 800-1000mg/L. It is also used in industrial circulating water, paper pulp, coating, plastic, cosmetics, wood, cooling water circulating system as well as sterilization, mildew prevention, anti-corrosion, algaecide and other industrial uses.
Bronopol is packed in plastic drums, avoiding metal containers. Bronopol is stored in a cool, dry and ventilated place. It is strictly prohibited to mix with strong oxidant, strong alkali, strong acid and food for loading, storage and transportation.
- January 29, 2019June 5th, 2018On the 47th World Environment Day, June 5 th, a large public service activity, "Green City, Green Development" is held in the square of Nanjing Dujiang Victory War Memorial Hall. The the...view
- January 30, 2018September 21-23, 2017 Beijing·China International Exhibition CenterAs the most professional, authoritative and largest international exhibition in China lubricant industry, China International Lubr...view
- January 29, 20192018 Sept.19th-21st @Shanghai New International Expo CentreThe 21th China International Adhesives and Sealants Exhibition & the 13th China International PSA Tape and Label Expo (CHINA ADHESIVE 201...view
- April 29, 2019Ethyl iodide is usually reacted with ethanol, iodine and red phosphorus, but the reaction is slow, and it needs to be heated in a reflux device for several hours.view
- September 24, 2020Allyl Diglycol Carbonate was synthesized from diethylene glycol, sodium carbonate, allyl chloride and carbon dioxide. The effects of catalyst, solvent, reaction temperature, raw material ratio, reacti...view
- March 13, 2019As an organic acid, glycolic acid has a good cleaning function for certain metal scales.view