The Properties of Bronopol
With its English name, Bronopol, it is also known as bromo-2-nitro-1. It is a white to light yellow and yellowish brown crystalline powder, and it is odorless, tasteless, soluble in water, ethanol, propylene glycol, insoluble in chloroform, acetone, benzene and so on. It will decompose slowly in alkaline aqueous solution and corrode some metals, such as aluminum. Bronopol is toxic, which is irritating to eyes, skin and mucous membrane. It can cause congenital abnormality and is harmful to environment.
Bronopol is mainly used as antiseptic and bactericide. It is added in the process of shampoo, balsam and cream. Its concentration in cosmetics is 0.01%-0.02%, and it can also be used in detergent, fabric treatment agent and so on.
As a cosmetic preservative, bronopol is an ideal preservative. It has a wide antibacterial spectrum, good antibacterial and bactericidal effects on Gram-positive, negative bacteria, fungi and actinomycetes, it also has low inhibitory concentration and fast bactericidal effect, especially on pseudomonas aeruginosa. It is water-soluble and oil-soluble, the antibacterial activity is high in weak alkaline (pH = 7~9) and the formula of high concentration protein substance.
As a bactericide, bronopol can effectively control many plant pathogenic bacteria. The treatment of cotton seed can prevent and control the black arm disease and bacterial blight caused by cotton angular spot, and it has no harm to cotton. It can also be used for rice bakanae. The recommended concentration is 800-1000mg/L. It is also used in industrial circulating water, paper pulp, coating, plastic, cosmetics, wood, cooling water circulating system as well as sterilization, mildew prevention, anti-corrosion, algaecide and other industrial uses.
Bronopol is packed in plastic drums, avoiding metal containers. Bronopol is stored in a cool, dry and ventilated place. It is strictly prohibited to mix with strong oxidant, strong alkali, strong acid and food for loading, storage and transportation.
- September 24, 20201-iodobutane is a colorless liquid, which is insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether. 1-iodobutane in China has an excellent reputation globally. Here is a brief introduction to it: Proper...view
- September 24, 2020Cocoamido propil betaina is a kind of light-yellow cleaning fluid that has excellent stability under acidic and alkaline conditions. It is cationic in acidic media and anionic in alkaline media. It ca...view
- October 27, 2021Glycolic acid can enhance the effects of cleaning and descaling in the refining process of oil fields and petroleum. The acid can also realize the biodegradability of metal complexation without adding...view
- October 9, 2021Ⅰ. Glycolic acid for leather dyeing and tannage:Glycollic acid is used as the dyeing and tanning agent in the leather industry to improve the quality of products. Reasons are as following:1. Its effe...view
- September 23, 20212-chloropropionic acid is a pale liquid with a slight odor and is the simplest chiral chlorocarboxylic acid. The formula of 2-Chloropropionic acid is CH3CHClCO2H. It is produced by chlorination of pro...view
- October 30, 2020Bronopol can be obtained by two reactions of alkanes hydroxylation and bromination with nitromethane and formaldehyde as raw materials and under alkaline conditions. The reaction equations are as foll...view