The Properties of Bronopol
With its English name, Bronopol, it is also known as bromo-2-nitro-1. It is a white to light yellow and yellowish brown crystalline powder, and it is odorless, tasteless, soluble in water, ethanol, propylene glycol, insoluble in chloroform, acetone, benzene and so on. It will decompose slowly in alkaline aqueous solution and corrode some metals, such as aluminum. Bronopol is toxic, which is irritating to eyes, skin and mucous membrane. It can cause congenital abnormality and is harmful to environment.
Bronopol is mainly used as antiseptic and bactericide. It is added in the process of shampoo, balsam and cream. Its concentration in cosmetics is 0.01%-0.02%, and it can also be used in detergent, fabric treatment agent and so on.
As a cosmetic preservative, bronopol is an ideal preservative. It has a wide antibacterial spectrum, good antibacterial and bactericidal effects on Gram-positive, negative bacteria, fungi and actinomycetes, it also has low inhibitory concentration and fast bactericidal effect, especially on pseudomonas aeruginosa. It is water-soluble and oil-soluble, the antibacterial activity is high in weak alkaline (pH = 7~9) and the formula of high concentration protein substance.
As a bactericide, bronopol can effectively control many plant pathogenic bacteria. The treatment of cotton seed can prevent and control the black arm disease and bacterial blight caused by cotton angular spot, and it has no harm to cotton. It can also be used for rice bakanae. The recommended concentration is 800-1000mg/L. It is also used in industrial circulating water, paper pulp, coating, plastic, cosmetics, wood, cooling water circulating system as well as sterilization, mildew prevention, anti-corrosion, algaecide and other industrial uses.
Bronopol is packed in plastic drums, avoiding metal containers. Bronopol is stored in a cool, dry and ventilated place. It is strictly prohibited to mix with strong oxidant, strong alkali, strong acid and food for loading, storage and transportation.
- January 29, 2019August 20-21, 2018 Kuala Lumpur Convention Center MalaysiaAPIC 2018 (Asia Petrochemical Industry Conference, APIC) is making a return to the vibrant city of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from 20 - 21 August...view
- April 21, 2020Monoammonium glycyrrhizinate in China is a chemical substance. This product is mainly used for the treatment of chronic persistent hepatitis, chronic active hepatitis, liver poisoning, and early liver...view
- March 4, 2021Surfactants are chemical substances that have a wide range of applications in different industries and are an important part of many of the products we use on a daily basis. They can be defined as sub...view
- October 30, 2020At ordinary temperature, bronopol is a kind of white to light yellow and yellowish brown crystalline powder. It is odorless, tasteless, soluble in water, ethanol and propylene glycol but difficult to ...view
- October 30, 2020Methyl iodide cas is a halogenated hydrocarbon. The molecular formula is CH3I, MeI and it is an iodide substitute of methane. Methyl iodide cas is a kind of volatile liquid with high density at room t...view
- September 24, 2020China is rich in licorice resources, of which licorice accounts for 7% to 10% of licorice, and licorice accounts for about 5.5% to 9.0%. Licorice extract can be obtained by solvent extraction, and fur...view