1,3-propane sultone is a colorless liquid or white crystal. Its latest applications are as follows:
1. Sulfonating Agent
It is widely used in pharmaceutical and chemical industry, photosensitive materials, lithium batteries, biochemistry, textiles, lubrication, waste water treatment, surface treatment and other industries.
2. Used in Leather Making, Ink and Sensitizing Dye Synthesis
Since propane sultone in China is rather famous in the whole world, 1,3-propane sultone also have a great reputation worldwide. It is a new functional fine chemical material. It can react with many kinds of compounds under very mild conditions and accurately provide sulfonic acid groups, thereby giving these compounds new properties. It is an excellent general-purpose sulfonating agent. At the same time, it is also an important pharmaceutical intermediate, which is also used in brighteners, dyes, amphoteric surfactant, and sulfonation.
3. Antibacterial Synergist
Combined with sulfa drugs to enhance the antibacterial effect, it is also used for poultry coccidiosis and intestinal bacterial infection. And it is also used as a drinking agent.
4. Synthetic Starting Materials for Electroplating Intermediates
1,3-Propane sultone is an important chemical intermediate for introducing sulfopropyl. It is a synthetic starting material for many electroplating intermediates, and can also be used to synthesize a variety of sensitizing dyes as well as Gemini surfactants.
5. 1,3-Propane sultone lactone can also be used in lithium secondary battery to enhance the cycle times and service life of the battery.
6. It can not only used as pharmaceutical intermediates, but also can used in leather, ink and the synthesis of sensitizing dyes.
7. It can be used as a surfactant. It is also used in the preparation of cosmetics and pharmaceutical industry.