Glycolic acid is a colorless crystal that is easily deliquescent. It is soluble in water, methyl alcohol, ethyl alcohol, ethyl acetate and other organic solvents, slightly soluble in diethyl ether but insoluble in hydrocarbons. It has the dual characters of alcohol and acid and will be decomposed when heated to boiling point. Glycolic acid can be used in organic synthesis and other fields.
The applications of glycolic acid are as follows:
1. It is an organic synthetic raw material that can be used in the ethylene glycol production. Glycolic acid is mainly used as a cleaning agent. Glycolic acid can also be used to prepare fiber coloring agents, clearing agents, ingredients of solders, varnish ingredients, copper corrosion agents, adhesives, petroleum demulsifiers and metal chelating agents; the sodium salt and sylvite of glycolic acid are used as additives in electroplate liquid. Other applications include electrolytic grinding, metal pickling, leather dyeing, tanning agents as well as chemical analysis reagent.
2. As a cleaning agent, it can fully react with rust, calcium salt and magnesium salt in the equipment to achieve the purpose of descaling. Glycolic acid has a good treatment effect, so calcium carbonate scales and iron scales can be easily removed. In addition, due to the low corrosion of glycolic acid to materials, the precipitation of organic acid iron will not occur during the cleaning. The chemical cleaning with glycolic acid is less dangerous and easy to operate.
3. It is used in organic synthesis as well as printing and dyeing industries.
4. It is used in soap sterilization.
5. Glycolic acid is used as a complexing agent in chemical nickel-plating to improve the coating quality, and it can also be used as an additive in other electroplating or chemical plating processes.
Nanjing Chemical Material Corp. provides you with high quality glycolic acid to meet all your needs. Welcome to contact with us before purchase.