Ethyl heptanoate is a very characteristic substance. It can become a colorless transparent liquid at room temperature and can emit the scent of pineapple, so it can be used in the preparation of spices. And its role is very extensive, so what can ethyl heptanoate do?
The molecular formula of ethyl heptanoate is C9H18O2 and the molecular weight is 158.24. It is a colorless and transparent liquid at room temperature, with the taste of pineapple, soluble in organic solvents such as ethanol and ether, but insoluble in water. Ethyl heptanoate can be miscible with alcohol, ether and chloroform; Ethyl heptanoate and water can form an azeotropic mixture with a boiling point of 98.5°C, containing 92% ethyl heptanoate. Ethyl heptanoate is mainly used as a food flavoring agent, organic synthesis and perfume preparation.
1. Ethyl heptanoate can be used as a flavoring agent for food.
2. Ethyl heptanoate can be used as floral flavor and fruit flavor, as well as tobacco and wine flavors, etc. It can be used to prepare cherries and grapes, as well as cheese and basket berries, and berries.
3. Ethyl heptanoate can be used in organic synthesis or in the preparation of spices, which is a main ingredient in perfume.
4. Because ethyl heptanoate can give off the aroma of pineapple, it can be used in tobacco and wine flavors.
5. As a food flavor used in the standard, ethyl enanthate is mainly used in the preparation of strawberry, banana, grape, cherry, apricot, peach, cream, cheese and other flavor food flavors and champagne, brandy, rum and other wine flavors. So chemical intermediates manufacturers usually add it into the processing of food. As a top fragrance, it is also used in daily fragrances such as fruit fragrance, cologne, rose and so on. Its dosage is as follows: 340mg/kg in gum; 24mg/kg in baked food; 17mg/kg in candy, 8.5-20mg/kg in alcohol; 7.5mg/kg in cold drinks; 6.8mg/kg in soft drinks.
The use of ethyl heptanoate is very wide. For some flavors, fragrances and organic substances commonly used in our lives, this substance can be used to synthesize. Ethyl heptanoate can be stored in a cool and ventilated warehouse. It is necessary to avoid hot places. It is best not to store it with oxidants. In addition, it needs to be equipped with a certain amount and variety of fire-fighting equipment around it, leak emergency treatment equipment should also be used in the storage place, and the contained materials should be selected appropriately to avoid affecting safety.